Job Position: Administrative Assistant / Office Manager
Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) / Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Order Processing
• Credit Card processing on an individual basis
• Updating Quickbooks
• Maintaining and updating E-Mail Lists
• Posting on websites / FaceBook maintenance
• Graphic & DVD Proofing & Design
• Maintaining SOPs
• Maintaining SwingDanceStuff.com
• Coordinating DVD production (Kunaki.com and other)
• Office Organization / Filing
• Email correspondence
• Sales Tax (& etc) coordination
• Managing employee payroll
• Production assistance (sound checks, white balancing cameras, etc.)
• Answering phones
• Making coffee
• Light internet research
• Additional projects as they arise
Compensation for the first 30 calendar days of training is $12.50 per hour. If additional training is necessary, the pays scale will continue at $13/hour. Otherwise, pay will raise to $14.00/hour. Paychecks will be given biweekly.
When Doug is on the road, employee is expected to handle business decisions, bookings, and SOP during this month with limited communication with Doug.
There is no pay for sick or vacation days.
The position is considered an employee position with no benefits (medical or other). Over time is paid at 1.5 times the current rate of pay, but must be approved by Doug Silton in writing in advance. For hours worked over 40 per week not approved in advance will be compensated at the normal hourly rate. The average work week will be 20-30 hours, depending on the work load, but could go up to 40 hours if the employee desires and the work presents itself.
Order processing is a delicate procedure, and mistakes can be costly. This position requires an eye for detail. If mistakes are made during the order processing on behalf of the employee, the cost of rectifying that mistake is the responsibility of the employee. Typically this includes the cost of sending out the correct dvd and the cost of shipping. This policy does not apply during training.
Additional per project tasks and duties will arise as the business grows. The position will expand to grow with it. Pay increases are based on performance.
If services are no longer required, 2 weeks notice will be given.
Personal things in the office:
• hourly short break required.
• no guests of employees are allowed in the home office.
• lunch breaks are non-paid
• no personal use of FaceBook / MySpace / etc. from in the office.
• brewed coffee / tea whenever you want.
• personal calls and texts can be received but must be taken outside of the office and on your hourly break.
• your work schedule is very flexible – please let Doug know about any out of town trips on a Monday – Friday in advance.
The video has several purposes, since part of the job is sales / answering phones and occasionally in person, so we need to hear and see what you sound like. The other purpose is forward thinking - this is not an entry level position. If you're given a task and need to figure out how to do something, you need to be able to figure it out. Therefore, if you've never recorded a quick video with a web camera or taken a screenshot of your computer - here's your chance.
Step 5) We will follow up with you to set up an interview time. Interviews take place in the office in Pasadena. When your e-mail is received for review, you will be e-mailed a notice that it was received. Please do not follow up with an e-mail or call - we will contact you if we feel you'll be a good fit in our office.
We look forward to hearing from you!